Thread: what to do???
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lostndconfuzed

I am in the exact same situation. My AH is addicted to pain killers. I have decided that I have to leave because I am not going to jeopordize my own recovery-- and I am everyday I stay with him. These last few days has been a total nightmare for me-- he got bit by a black widow spider and ended up in the hospital. Well, the dr. gave him vicodin and valium - 64 vic and 50 valium. They were gone in 2 days. He was slurring his words- dozing off- it was embarrassing!!! He was looking up symptoms on the internet so that he could keep calling the dr. and let him know what was happening-- even though he was totally fine!
Well, last night was the first time in a few days that he was normal again. I was fooled for a brief moment because he told me that he was never touching pills again. He was quitting and he was so sorry for hurting me. He was even crying and telling me he didn't want me to leave.
Then he asked me for $50 for his lunches for 2 weeks. I argued with him that I would just give him lunch money every morning, but he insisted on the $50.00. He took off to get something to drink and when I checked his wallet later there was no money left. I asked him how much he had left after his drink and he said $43. Well, it wasn't there.
I know what you are going through. But, we can't help them if they don't want to help themselves. My husband is constantly manipulating me and making me feel sorry for him. He tells me it's okay if I leave because everyone leaves him. He tells me if I leave he will quit his job. He has even said that he doesn't want to live if I'm not with him. Right now I am trying to distance myself from all that because I know it's not him talking. It's his addiction. Try to stay focused on yourself and your kids and what is best for them!!!!!!!!!