Thread: what to do???
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

If this was your daughter coming to you and saying, Mama, I've given everything to him and sacrificed all my dreams for him and he is telling me that is not enough...

What would you say?

Marriage is not a prison... or a one-sided contract. It is a commitment by TWO people to give 100 percent EACH.

You do not have divorce in order to separate. It does not have to be all or nothing... unless that is what HE wants. It is possible to move out, to have a separate life and to live fully and completely while he figures out whether and how he wants to be sober.

I could not do detatchment from my kids until I got into Alanon. They gave me the support I needed and also some fresh ideas and perspective - like not divorcing, yet not sacrificing a life to addiction (that concept was new to me).

You deserve a good life. Your girls deserve a good life. You don't have to earn it. You don't have to sacrifice your happiness for it. Goodness and love and light belong to you ... RIGHT NOW. You only have to reach out and take it.

(((hugs))))