View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bren38

Feeling Left Out

I feel like I am out of the loop where my ah is concerned. Since he has been in rehab I have not heard from anyone involved in his rehabiltation. He said in the message he left me last night that they already have him set up for his meetings. How is it that you repair and rebuild your marriage, get to know each other again, and share in his recovery if you are attending meetings that do not include your spouse and are in opposite locations. Before I felt I lost husband to drugs, now I feel I am losing him to recovery. I am not sure where this leaves me? I have a life away from him. I have never depended on him completely. I have family, friends, etc. He does not make up the core of my existance. If anything he has depended on me too much. I have always been his rock. I want us to be there for each other, a real relationship that is shared. But right now I feel like he has been taken and is almost encouraged to pull away. Am I wrong? What is it that they are trying to do when they take the spouse out of the picture? How can we have a good marriage if we go this long without having quality time together. I feel like we will drift apart. I am feeling very insecure right now and I hate it!