View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there Sunflower,

Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
...One day I would love to come online here and see all posts that everyone worked things out in their lives...
I dunno, looks to me like everybody here _is_ working things out in their lives. The thing is we're all doing it one day at a time instead of all at once. None of us got in this mess in just one day, so we all need to take a little time to get out of the mess.

Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
...It really is all such a waste of our precious time/life to keep this constant battle going on and on and on.....why WHY do we allow it?????
Can't tell you about anybody else. I can only share about me. The reason _I_ allowed it was a combination of things. My ex-wife's addiction built up very slowly, so I didn't see it 'till it was too late. I stayed in the marriage cuz I felt that my self-worth as a man depended on sticking it out no matter what. I truly believed I was doing her good by staying with her, didn't understand that I was enabling her. Once I understood all that I was able to "detach" and eventually be free of the insanity that I contributed to, but I didn't figure it all out in just one day. Took me awhile.

How about _you_. What are your reasons?

Mike