View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Early intervention is interesting to me, too. If it was one of my kids in trouble, I know enough now to try it. But with AH, it's a bridge that was burned long ago. When it might have had some effect on him, I didn't have a clue. Or the money, if I would've had a clue.

At this point, it is not all about his recovery, although I pray that will happen. It's about my sanity and ability to care for my son. AH is spiraling out of control by the day but I cannot help him. I can only help me.

I have to agree with Marle:

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Show me the proof, don't just make the statement. That is my opinion. Also, I would like to have that kind of money where I could continue to drag my addict to rehab after rehab, but in the real world that is not always possible.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, the experts can say whatever they want but every situation is different. At this point, hitting bottom is the only place left for my AH to go and I believe the only chance he has left.

It's easy for someone on the outside of my life to tell me what I 'ought' to do for him. I have one of those on my hands-I call him 'Mr. Clean'. I'd love to just wave a magic wand and let that dude live the life I lived with AH for about 24 hours. He would run screaming into the night!