View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

sorry hope, i know what its like to be like the child in the window too. you seem to have excepted that relapse is just a part of addiction, now maybe its time for you to come up with a plan b just in case you need one. i know that you don't want to leave your husband so if i had to make a suggestion, it would be that you make a conscience decision to seperate yourself emotionally, and continue to save what you can.

maybe its time to take a bigger step back and let him fall on his own. he may not think that his addiction is that bad cause you are there to help hold the household together. maybe you can consciencely decide to only take care of you and the kids for awhile. if he wants to go, let him go. i know that it is easier said than done, but he may have to hit rock bottom before he gets determined to do whatever it takes to stay sober. have no expectations, just do whatever you have to do for you and your kids.

in my opinion, he has no real reason to want to get clean, i know he says that he does and is trying to do what he said, but addiction is much stronger than what he is saying. as long as he has a comfortable home to come to whenever he is finished using, he not ever develop that do or die determination that it will take for him to stay clean. for now, try to keep the focus totally on you and let him worry about himself. if ever you have to go, then you'll know. keeping you and yours in my prayers. pm me if you want to talk. i'm so sorry, you all deserve more.

you know that i had to leave my rah for awhile, i just couldn't take what he was doing to himself and us.