Thread: Confession
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GratefulGirl

when my husband tried to committ suicide he was angry with me for calling 911. he said i had betrayed him and that we would no longer be together once all of this was straightened out. also, he was angry that i left him at home alone. i had gone to the salon - the 1st time in 6 months - to get a hair cut and he said that if i hadnt been selfish wanting to "pamper" myself, that none of this would have happened. i actually believed that i was wrong for leaving the house and felt so much like you do now - if only i had been there, it wouldnt have happened. but the truth is, i cant be with him 24/7 and i wasnt selfish for going out and it was going to happen whether i was there or not. i couldnt control it, no matter what i did. later, at the mental hospital, the doctor talked to me and explained that my husband had so much shame and embarrassment about himself from his drug addiction, his behavior while he was using, and finally trying to committ suicide because of the drugs, that he needed someone else to blame for the situation because it was just too much for him take in. i thought that was a good way to look at it and it made me feel a lot better about my role that night it all happened.

praying for you and your family tiffanyloveshim - you will get through this.