Thread: Aa/na
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
unsure of

jOESENTME~

Well i think early in recovery some many addicts ook for other addict for support. when someone is not strong in their recovery they are subject to follow the urges (it is not an excuse) but some people are better off with addict and some people are better off with non- addicts. it all depends on the person.

in my experiences with the programs na-anon it has brought me and my rabf closer because we are able to share in our recovery. But i will be honest went i started to really enjoy going to groups and my rabf did get jealous and you know what. because of us working our programs we were able to talk about it and reassure each other how/where we are at as a couple. i don't think the programs are building a wedge between spouse/ significant others.

maybe if one percieves it as a wedge there might be other issue in the relationship that may need to be worked on, talked about, or changed. who knows??

My god i never ever want to understand my rabf's addiction issues those are his. and i hope and pray that he never has to go throught what i went throught loving an addict.

i learned that we are all at war against addiction addicts and nonaddict alike. just because i have on a green uniform and you have on a blue one doesn't mean we can't help out and be supportive of each other.

peace :^)