Thread: Aa/na
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kj0975

Recovering pill addict here. I understand how that statement would bother u but how can u truly understand something that u havent experienced? I mean I have never went through labor so I dont understand the pain people talk about. I have never raised children so I dont truly understand the pain of having one of your children turn to drugs and become an addict. There are things that people who arent an addict cant understand. For some its as simple as just stop and get on with your life already. If it were only that easy.

When I got clean my fiance thought he could leave his pills laying around the house and I wouldnt want them. Ah not the case. The seduction of the pill bottle is too much for me to walk away from. The cravings the constant need to "feel" different to "escape" and just get that of so great buzz. That is something that he couldnt understand cause hes not an addict. He thought since I was clean I didnt want to use. NOt true. I would use this day if I could well maybe. Its a constant struggle not to give into the cravings that take over ALL your thoughts and almost controls u. Its a struggle to get the chemicals right in the brain again so u can function without the drugs.

Yes maybe u can never understand what goes through an addicts mind and how it controls us until we control it. U can learn all u can and try to understand what its like. If u havent been through something how can u really truly understand it? I am sorry if this sounds mean but I dont intend it to be that way. Just like I will never understand the pain I caused the people that I loved I as an addict thought I was just affecting me and couldnt see what was going on around me. I dated a crack addict for a long time I wasnt an addict then so I couldnt understand why I couldnt love him clean or how a drug could control a person that way. It was only after I became an addict did I understand those things. JMHO.