View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kj0975

OT Advice on job

I am having alot of problems at one of my jobs. I was hired to take over the persons job who has been running the office. She is supposed to be out marketing the company and getting out name out there. The problem is that she wont let go. I feel like I am just there to do the slack work that she doesnt want to do and she hasnt given up any of the duties that I was hired to do. I go there for 6hrs and have 5min worth of work. I set up spread sheets to that I understand them and can work efficiently then she goes and changes them to the way she wants. I was told a month ago she would be out of the office so I can get some duties and take over running the office.

Well nothing has changed yet. I have asked her not to touch anything discussed with the owner that I didnt want her taking over anything and touching stuff that is supposed to be my job. I told her she starts something doesnt tell me then I go to do it and I look like a fool. Last week I was out for 2 days and she completly took over ALL my work so when I went in yesterday I had NOTHING to do. Then I get a bad attitude and just want to quite. I feel like I'm wasting my time going in there to do nothing cause she said that she feels she can just do it better than anyone else can and doesnt have time to train me. WTF then why did you hire me? I have been an office manager b4 I feel like I have alot to offer this company but after 4mos I am still doing nothing that I was hired for. I literally have nothing to do. How should I handle this? I am really ready to quite and tell them to call me when they ACTUALLY are ready for me and when they have work for me. Advice please.