Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
britgael

how is it that we pay for them even at work

I found out today that I am being put on the first step of discipline because of taking stress leave due to my wifes issues. First step is a slap on the wrist, but it's the first time that I have been in trouble at my company which I've been with for nine years. The silver lining to this may be that I have a new boss who was just promoted from being one of my peers, and upon talking with him and letting him know why I needed stress time he tells me that everything is cool and that he unerstands. Yeah right, sure, you understand. Well as things can sometimes have a way of working out, it turns out that my boss is a recovering addict, he has been clean for two years. Talking to him was very cool in that he actually was just plain ol' talking with me about addiction, he even said to give my wife a bit of advice " keep going to meetings if you don't want to relapse" at which point he says " ask me how I know that". My boss told me that he relapsed several times, almost lost his house and family, but now has two years under his belt and is very proud of that. His statement was that no one enjoys drugs, drugs own them. How sad is that? Take care, Brit.