Thread: Suicide attempt
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GratefulGirl

my husband tried to committ suicide almost 2 years ago. his doc is coke/crack - clean for 15 months now. he was involuntarily placed in a mental institution for 2 nights while they decided if he was truly suicidal or if he had a reaction to all the types of drugs in his system and his thinking was impaired. he snorted coke, smoked crack, took a couple xanaxs, and drank a lot of beer then started talking about how he was "done with this life and didnt want to live this way anymore" so he took about half a bottle of depakotes (anti-seizure/bupolar meds) and lost conciousness. i called 911 and he went to the ER and then was transported to the mental hopsital.

after all this, he still used a few more times and i was stunned. i thought that it had to be his bottom - ending up in a mental hospital after attempting suicide..it was very difficult for all of us and took lots of work to rebuild what had crumbled..but we did it and he got clean and realized how horrible his life was when he was using. but as hard as it was for all of us, i think it was a powerful way for his HP to get his attention and help speed his recovery along.

i hope you and your family will be ok and i hope your AH gets the help he needs. dont lose hope - it can get better.