View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
martha

help for me and my family

I have also posted this as a reply to the Naranon thread. Thank you.

My sister has been abusing pain medication for some time. My divorced parents have each given her $10,000 in the last 14 months. She will have back surgery in a few weeks which my dad believes will help her stop abusing pain meds. I have been told that he has also been giving her some of his own pain meds, as he has debilitating back problems. He is at the end of his rope, and when I suggest asking for help from a support group, or professional he just tells me he's doing everything he can and he gets angry with me. I want to write both of my parents a letter asking them to quit complaining to me (as they have for some time) about giving her money. She walked into a bank two weeks ago with forged papers bearing my mother's name and personal info to ask for a loan with my mom as the cosigner. She was denied as her credit is horrendous, and the only way my mom knew about it was due to a letter from the bank. My parents, who are divorced, won't talk to each other about her. My dad said it wouldn't help if he talks to my mom. They live in different states and my mom did write him a letter about 6 months ago outlinine all the money she has sent and that she is worried my sister in an addict. My sister went through a recovery progarm many years ago and never followed up after she was clean. It is breaking my heart to see what is happening to my folks, and now my sister has hinted that she would end it all if it wasn't for her son. I have called a professional counselor and just my sister a letter today telling her how devastated I would be if she ever hurt herself. But I will not send her money. I don't know if she is saying these things to get more money from my folks, but that is my suspicion. Can anyone recommend a book I could send each of my parents and resources for our family?
thank you so much,
m