Old 04-01-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
marle

I think that "minding my own business" is a good way to live. I don't always practice it, but am getting better. When you think of it (except in the case of children) the only person that we have control over is ourselves. I find that staying out of my AD's business helps me keep the chaos out of my life. As for your son, he is a married, adult male. I can understand the apprehension but you really can't do anything about whether he stays clean or not. Only you can decide what kind of a relationship you want with him. When my daughter came home from rehab, I was a mess. I was so afraid that she would relapse that I could not enjoy her. I wanted to micromanage her life. She did relapse and is currently active in her addiction. Looking back, I could no more stop her relapse than to stop a speeding freight train. If and when she ever gets into rehab again, I will let her be the captain of her ship, so to speak. That way she can not blame anyone but herself if she relapses. I wish you well with your son, just remember his addiction, his recovery. Hugs, Marle