View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Hi HK,

I had the same self-esteem issues for SO long. I really feel for you. That kept me in some terrible relationships for so long. Relationships with addicts, relationships with men who couldn't seem to form the words "i love you" with their mouths, relationships with men who weren't true. ALLL because I didn't think I deserved anything better.

Where do you think this comes from? I mean, obviously (logically, in your head) we're all worthy of love. Who ever told you that you weren't? (and what's their address, so I can drop by and kick their butt? )

Thinking about where those messages came from is a nice first step toward figuring out why they've taken such deep hold on you.

But I love, love, love Marle's idea of listing the things about you that are good. If you're comfortable, you could even do that here. We often have a thread that floats around that talks about what we like about ourselves. I'll see if I can find that one and bump it so you can play too.

You are not crazy. And you are not alone. Lots and lots of us here have been in your shoes, and we'll tell you all about it!

Hugs,
GiveLove