Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dixied

during the al-anon meeting this was said.....

friends,
I went to an al-anon meeting on Friday and it was designated as a speaker meeting but before that a member read from the Courage To Change Book and the One Day At A Time Book. After reading she stated that she was at a point in her life that she felt as if just remembered to "mind her own business" everything else fell into place.........so what do you think? Agree or disagree? I really don't know if she was trying to state a personal opinion(I believe maybe she was) or if she felt that was the best way of applying portions of the steps to life in general. I am facing having my son return after six months clean(in rehab) and am just basically getting apprehensive. So if I stay out of his way and let the chips fall where they may.....is that right or can you offer support? And if so, how much? Do you wait for them to call you or do you call them? Any advice would really be appreciated..... I guess I need guidelines from someone who has walked the walk from experiencing an adult child leaving rehab.(i.e. he has no job to come home to but his wife is giving him this last chance to come to their home and try to put their family life together again)my thanks.........dixie