View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I sold a Quarterhorse a few years back who was used in Barrel Racing and then got switched to heading and heeling. She became a good heeling horse (Pat's Twin Maple by Pat's Jim Bob AAA). She was a little large for barrels at 15.3 hands, but she was great at heeling. Could take the yank. Its not hard and fast anyhow (like calf roping.. those guys are nutz!).

I never did any roping (dairy cows are pretty tame). Used the horse to push them around and to sort of cut a group out etc.

Did a LOT of dressage training which I later applied to western training. You best like Horses and Cattle, Trying!

And you are a Thoroughbred and NEVER forget it. Hold your head up and show some spirit and some opinion. Every Thoroughbred worth his/her salt does. I worked with a lot of good Thoroughbreds and the winners were not always the best horses (conformation), but they all had the best attitude about themselves.

Meanwhile, I am off to get some Catkins (***** willow) to dry and then off to church. You have a fine day and if nuthin' else, enjoy the view.