View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Today was tiring, but I chose it and I feel good about it. My daughter's boyfriend found a house for them...they had a one bedroom apartment and an 80 pound dog. This is a 2 bedroom house with a nice big yard and a deck. It's older and someone they know bought it as an investment and did lots of work...new cabinets, appliances, carpet...It's really cute and within their budget, and it may be possible down the road when they have saved enough, that they could buy it from this man. Since my daughter is still away, he's doing this on his own. I kept asking if he wanted help and he kept telling me he had it under control. I couldn't figure out how with working 12-14 hour days 6 days a week and visiting her on his day off. So today I stopped by to offer help. He wasn't home, had to work, and it seemed like there was still tons to do, so I decided to surprise him (since they are supposed to be out of the apartment today) and stayed and packed and brought boxes over to the new place. His dad came later after work and tonight his brother and friends came with trucks and we got everything done and the old place is immaculate. He was so happy and surprised when he came home and saw that he only had to help with the last run. I know he must be exhausted...I am and he's been doing this all week while working all day.

I'm so grateful for him...he's a wonderful guy and loves my daughter very much. They are very happy together and this new house is a start of a new life for them. My daughter doesn't want him to do any decorating until she gets home and I think he's quite content to wait. She asked me to send her Better Homes and Gardens with the next book order I mail. Quite a transformation from party girl to Suzie homemaker

So today was a good day!