View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((((NSW)))))))))))))))

I know your pain too well, dear lady. Too well.
When I pressed charges against my son in November 2005, I never
expected to feel so much pain, when he called me the morning after they
picked him up. I was still angry from the break in and robbery.
He called me after he did it. I told him I was going to call the police.
He said, "do what you have to do, mom. I did."
When he called, I accepted the charges. He didn't cry. He said people were watching him. He sounded more scared than I'd ever heard in his life.
He begged me to come and get him. I said no.
He called a dozen times that day. I finally stopped accepting the calls.
It tore me up, but I had to show him that I couldn't let him do what he did, and get away with it. It was time he was off the streets. He refused rehab.
About a month later, while working with his probation officer, we decided to have him come home on house arrest. Do you remember this? Maybe not.
Anyway, he was home for less than a week. He had a dealer drop off heroin in my mailbox. When the dealer wanted paid, I paid him.
Then I called the probation officer and told him to come get him. I was done.
His withdraw was tough, but he survived it. He had to. People were watching.

Now granted, I still visited 3 times a week, lol, and put 20 dollars a week on his books, (if i could afford to)but I left him in there.
He spent 6 months in county prison. When it came time for his court date, I dropped the charges. I felt that he had suffered enough. Ha!
Don't get me wrong. He did kick the heroin, and of course, swears to this day that he'll never use that sh*t again, (I can only pray)but he does continue to use alcohol and pot, and still manages to get into scrapes with the law.
He's still on probation in Pa., they wouldn't accept him here. So his po, a woman, go figure, allowed him to move with us. He was suppose to go to rehab, drug counseling, pay his fines, and talk with her regularly via phone.
yeah, right.
The rest, they say, is history.
Do I wish now that I would have kept the charges and have him do the 18 month sentence? Your d*mn right. I could kick my own a$$ for not following through. I saved his life for 6 months. It's up to him now to save the rest.
I pray this is her time.
I love you,