Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
escape artist

yes. i stopped having anything to do with my dad last July. I am better for it as well. i didn't say anything. just the last time we were on the phone and he started making fun of me because of my wrecked relationships with men in my life, and as he laughed i realized he is much to do with why my relationships with men are so ******. so i hung up on him. he tried to call back, but i didn't answer and he got the message that i had no desire to continue to have anything more to do with his sickness. He's an A. Mom's dead. He was a mean ******* and i have had to do a lot of emotional work to deal with the pain and anger he fostered. I have been able to forgive him and i tell my daughters that just because i don't want to have anything to do with him, doesn't mean they can't continue to have a relationship with him. so they call him and see him occasionally. i am not trying to "punish" him, i've have just had enough and i look at it like i live thousands of miles away from him. i have peace now and as they say, if it is good for the family it is good for the alcoholic!