View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
faith123

Dolly, you are right. I have been obsessing today. I finally made myself get out of the house. I washed my car. It was really dirty, so it took a long time, but doing something did help. I feel better now. I even went to WalMart and got something to make the tires look shiny and black, and something to make the car smell good. It's amazing what a little cleaning will do to lift your spirits. It's just that these feelings come and go. If I wasn't by myself all the time, it would be better. I am living like a hermit. It sucks, but that's what depressed people do. At one point, I will be fine, and the next, I will be in the depths of despair. Still, things are not the same this time, and there is a possibility that something has happened.

It means a whole lot to hear back from all of you on this site. Whether it's words of kindness and sympathy, or someone telling me to get my act together, it helps a great deal.

Teke, I have called his daugter who lives in the same town, and no one has heard from him. He is probably doing what your guy was doing: giving up and living on the streets.

Tonight I thought about how we used to share the chores. He would do the outside work, and I would take care of the house. When we were first together, he didn't even want me washing his clothes, but the longer we were together, he got used to having his clothes washed, folded and put away. When we went out, he would iron his clothes and want to look really sharp. He cared about looking good. He liked to wear cologne and smell good. The deeper he got into his addiction, he began to care less about how he dressed and how he looked. I can just imagine how he looks now.