View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mongo

Hi MJS and welcome.

Relapses are common in recovery, I've sure had my share.

I like to read that you've put together a plan and have identified triggers that caused it. Since you were able to keep it together for three months(awesome!) it proves that you can do it.

If the AA meetings are not to your liking, no need to attend them. Group dynamics can be tough to overcome no matter who the group is, so why take on that challenge. I don't believe that you have to prove anything to anyone, as long as you feel that your recovery is working for you.

Don't let the slip get you down. Reexamine where you are and where you want to be. Set your goals(as you have done) and have at it. Make the choices that benefit your recovery, and change those that aren't helping.We are not our behaviour, and behaviour can be changed by making choices.

Here's an article from Smart Recovery, Who Controls You: http://www.smartrecovery.org/resourc...ntrols_You.pdf

Personally, giving my self control to any group or higher power simply was not an option for me. This concept is completely incomprehensible to me. I also realized that to recover I had to abstain, making the right choices for myself.

Good luck and keep well

Ron