View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying_in_Texas

Update on older man and question...

Hey all. Well, here's hoping that you all have a wonderful, peaceful weekend!

Short story - I have a crush on an older guy, and this week I saw him. We had a good little conversation, and he was flirting with me up and down, which only confirmed that I do, in fact, have a crush on him - which is nice all in itself, because I haven't felt that fun, "tingly" feeling in a really long time.

Anyway, I'm going to be seeing him sometime next week for a work-related project, and I am wondering about something. I know that, even though we have fun when we're around each other and all, this guy would probably never think of asking me out for real. He's at least ten years older than me and has kids, and just from knowing him - I don't think he would think I was interested "that way".

So I am overanalyzing and wondering if I should say something, or just come right out and say, "Well, if you ever want to hang out, I'm pretty good company" or something like that. I would really like him to know, but at the same time, I don't want to "push" anything. I'm so tired of life being push-and-shove, pull-and-prod... I would just like things to flow naturally.

I'm not of the school of thought that the man always has to be the agressor - but it has always been that way in my experience, and I'm in new territory. If there are any men out there, it would be great to hear your thoughts on whether such a move would be appreciated or at least flattering, or if it would be too much. I've just never in my life asked anyone out before, but I think if I ever want to get to know this guy, even as friends, I'm going to have to make the first move somehow.

Anyway, again - hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!