View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Sadness, I'm glad you got to visit your dad. I know how hard those visits can be. I think it does do the prisoner some good, gives them something to look forward to, and hopefully gives them some incentive (while their mind is clear) to want to seek change for a better life. All we can do is hope and set boundaries of what behaviors of their's we're willing to put up with or not, ultimately the change is all up to them. About the writing... thats one I struggle with. ME wanting to make the time to write, after all he got himself there is my attitude. But just like the visits, it is encouraging to them, lets them know they are loved. My AH wants me to write even if it's just
to "yell" at him for all he's done. (Which I plan to do soon, cause I think it'll help me with some of my anger and resentment). So just do what feels right for you.

You, your dad, and your brother are in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear about your brother possibly being in a dangerous gang. I think his behavior could be handled like our addicts... love him, set boundaries and pray he'll seek change for a better life.

I'm glad you didn't have to go to juvy. How are you doing? I think I remember you writing of getting angry easy a while back ... is that getting any better for you? Keep us posted. Sending (((HUGS)))

Last edited by rayofsunshine; 03-30-2007 at 11:38 AM.