View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
INLOVEWITHCH
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thank you all so much for the awesome advice. To answer a question that I think has come up several times... My BF was clean for three years before his relapse 3 weeks ago. I have been friends with someone in his immediate family since I was in grade school and I know a lot about his past... she verified it for me that he was clean for 3 years. I really loved the advice about letting it be ME and HIM and not US at this point. I will definately move in that direction. Additionally, I think that a lot of you are wondering why if this has happened just after 3 wonderful months I have not bailed, because in retrospect you might have, well... although I have deep feelings for my CH I am also a very strong person and have never and will never put up with a lot of B.S. I really think that should he relapse again, I will bail. As I said earlier.. I am all about people making mistakes, but making the same mistake twice or more is not a mistake.. its a problem. I will take it all one day at time and enjoy his company and encourage him to continue his meetings, etc. It helps me out a lot that he calls me right after his meetings and tells me what he learned, etc.
Thank you all again for your advice.