View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Everyon before me has given you great advice.

Here is what I offer, and it has nothing to do with drugs, but more to do with relationships.
If the love you both have for each other is real, you can both give each other time. Yes. Time. Time Out. Not time where you don't ahve any contact, but time that is not not in a relationship.

Is that HARD? Oh yes...
Look at it this way.. you are having questions because you love an addict. That is healthy and a first step for you. Take some time out to work on you and take a good hard look at what you need to do for your self to make you a strong woman who loves herself.

Meanwhile, HE needs to take a look at what happened and why and work on HIM.

Let a year go by. It isn't foroever. It is 12 months. You each work on your own stuff and stay friends. Don't move in together. Talk on the phone. Go out as a group with friends. Work on the strongest part of any relationship, which is your friendship and your own care for yourselves.

At the end of a year, if you are still just as in love, that won't have changed and it won't have gone anywhere. Real love that is meant to last forever will still be there. Love is patient. It is people who are not. One year is not too long to learn that.

I wish, in my past relationships I had taken the advice I am giving.