View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

InLove, I'm sorry for your pain and glad that you did find this site. I don't think there is any clear answer...I think when we have experienced the pain of loving an addict, we as caring people, don't want anyone else to have to feel such pain. But at the same time, recovery is wonderful...both ours and addicted loved ones and there is always hope.

I hope that you will stick around and continue to read and post. If you are looking for a prediction or a guarantee, I'm sorry to say it is not possible. If you don't believe you can live with such uncertainty in your life, you may want to let go so you don't have to face even the possibility of being hurt. You do not sound naive...you sound hopeful and I believe there is always hope. It's okay to decide that for today you want to stay but give yourself the option of changing your mind tomorrow. And it is okay to decide that you don't want to live with such uncertainty and decide it is better to leave the relationship. We are here with you regardless of what you decide. hugs.