View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jewelz
Just plainly tired

Inlove,

Welcome to SR, I am glad you found our little world here. I find it a little hard to respond to you because theres so much I would like to say but I am trying to hold it back so it doesn't seem that it comes out harsh or not encouraging. I guess the only thing I could say to you is about me and what I am going through and went through and you take it from there. My boyfriend is a crack addict, I knew he had a problem in the past when we got together but didnt think it would be issue with him. Why I have no clue I also didnt know what he was like when he used. Then like you after about 3 months he relapsed and for me I thought and felt like it was the end of the world. Since that time its been about 3 years... I have been on one LONG ROLLER COASTER ride. recovery, relapse, recovery, relapse, jail, programs and it goes on and on. I now have 1 year old boy from him and wouldnt change anything because I love my son with all my heart. But right now I have a hard life because of the CHOICES I MAKE. If your in a relationship with an addict nothing will be easy. And if they are in recovery if we want top remain in a relationship we need to understand that relapse from our addict is possible and any given moment. When it comes down to it it's up to you and what you feel you deserve in your life.

Hugs and welcome,
Jewel