View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
upsidedownworld

more thanks

And more thank you's to the rest who have responded. I went down to the college town to pack the rest of her stuff. I still can't believe I'm doing this. Before I left I called her and told her I had changed my mind that that she would have to go to the halfway house. Of course she cried and begged to come home. I told her that I loved her but that she just could not go home. The halfway house was her best chance of staying sober and that I would do anything to give her her best chance - even if it means not allowing her in the home. I can't seem to cope with this at all. She had two visits at the hospital while we were away. Both from people we asked to see her. They both reported that she sounded positive about the halfway house. She went to her first AA meeting tonight. Can you believe they don't have them but once a week at the hospital? You'd think with all the detoxing they do they'd have several a day. When we got home tonight I called her and she was all pissy with me. She said I had gotten her hopes up that she could come home and find a job and go to meetings and then I changed the game plan on her. I told her that we changed our mind because we realized that we would only be standing in the way of her recovery if we let her come home. I told her we have the right to change our minds and that I couldn't believe she could have any anger at all at me. She got a little nicer but not much. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Tomorrow I pick her up at 12:00 and go to the halfway house. I don't know what I'll do if they put her on a waiting list but they just moved into a new facility with twice the beds so hopefully they'll get her right in. I'm going to pack her suitcases right now. Please pray that she gives this a chance. I don't know if I'm strong enough to leave her on the streets if she doesn't.