Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

ICU...thanks for the link! It was actually one I had posted on more than a year ago! Weird

SaTiT....The co-worker thing does have me very nervous about the whole situation. And i find it very cool how you pay attention to the power you have and try to keep it even in the work place. That's really great.

Originally Posted by DefofLov View Post
Dear Shutterbug,

I understand your fears. You don't want to lose yourself and the progress you have made thus far................... The fact that you are thinking beforehand is a great thing. Keep your radar on for those red flags. Listen to your woman's intuition....................
Exactly...thanks.

The most important thing you can do is know yourself and your boundaries and stick to it. Know what you are willing to accept and what you are not willing to accept. This way you wont lose yourself in your intense attraction to him. One you have your boundaries and your "will and will not accept list" you can start dating and figuring out whether or not you can accept this guy into your life. The cool part about it...is once you get to know him, after a while...you get to decide if he is the one for you.
this is where i have the most problems....boundaries.
I try to set them....but the sticking to them part (especially when strong emotions are involved)...is usually harder to do than I have the strength for currently.

Let him show you his worth. You opened that door, now wait and see if walks through it. If he does, great...let time pass and find out if he is worthy of you. If he doesn't, that is fine too. I am more than sure that there is someone healthy out there who is willing to walk through that door.
In my "head"...I know how very true this is! But my heart is completely ignorant and daft. And waiting.....gosh....waiting is probably the thing i'm the absolute worst at. I'm having a hard time not writing him again...and giving him my number "just in case"

My woman's intuition...at first told me...OMGosh! He's so awsome...why did it take me nearly a year to even realize how fun and healthy and attractive he is!!!

Now...my intuition is telling me...well, not necessarily to run, but it's telling me to sit on my hands and shutup! And wait....no matter what...just wait because i'll probably see what "negative" part of him has caught my interest.