View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

hi, just my opinion, i agree with laurie, i'm a recovering addict too. in early recovery, you daughter's thoughts and feeling maybe still kind of raw, but hopefully the longer she stays in recovery, the more sense things will make to you and to her. i think since she made the debt, and since you paid the debt, the car would be the first thing to go. you say that she HELPED pay for it, well, i think maybe she druged up her part, when you had to pay her drug debt, it called reemburstment.

you paid the debt the first time, i pray that she will continue in recovery and not take that as an open invite to give you more drug debt to pay, since her cards are cleared up now. i think that a halfway house will give her a better chance at getting sober and staying that way. treatment centers are just the beginning of recovery, the hard parts starts the day they leave. she thinks that she can do it on her own, but i just don't see how that's possible.

addiction is a life long process and so is recovery, there is no cure, it can only be arrested and that my dear will be solely up to your daughter. its her choice and no matter how much money you spend or what you do/don't do, say/don't say, if she is not ready to stop, it won't happen.

if i had to make a suggestion, other than what you asked, it would be to do what you can to take care of you and your needs first. keeping all of you in my prayers.