View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Well, I know this feeling too. I used to say that things in life usually don't go right... when they do watch out cuz the other show is going to drop!

What this program taught me to do is to stay in TODAY and have no expectations, good OR bad!

I think one of the reasons I would get another pet etc. was I was just plain BORED. When life is very active with drama, work (like when I was farming) or even good things you get used to it. When things go along fine, you miss all that activity.

In my old life, by now I would have gotten a dog (and the consequences of not having a fence, kennel and crate bhe darned) or anothe cat or something. I have been going now for nearly 6 months and have not gotten anything like that (tho I am thinking tonight I will LOOK at small aquariums and the two gold fish on my way home). LOOK... not necessarily BUY. I am going to do something about getting a dog, but I am thinking I may want to get into obedience or agility or sheep herding etc. so again.. I am planning and waiting to do it right, not just blasting ahead to serve my own needs for activity.

I am being much more methodical in my approach. Oh yeah.. I DO get a bit blue and a bit bored, but I am taking this ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Being (finally) shed of Steve in my HEAD as well as my heart has left new found space and I am trying to plan how I will fill that space.. not going ahead willy nilly to fill it and ending up with more clutter or something I probably should not have gotten.

I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but I think I know what you are experiencing. Just work real hard at staying in today and letting the calm operate and the good operate for today. Don't worry about 'the other shoe dropping' when stuff is going right.