View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
faith123

Hi Nicole, I like this topic. It hits very close to home. My ABF will never call until he is ready to come home, and then, the call is collect. He has traded three cell phones for crack. My guy has been gone for a solid week now. He took his new cell phone, which he had talked me into helping him get. The night he left without a word to me, he wouldn't answer his phone. I knew he would trade it for dope, so the next morning, I had his phone cut off. If he wasn't going to answer it, then he doesn't need it, in my opinion. Besides, he had probably already traded it for crack, anyway.

He had been doing great for about two weeks. Guess he just couldn't stand being clean, so he disappeared for six days, and then he called collect at 12:30 am. He wanted me to come get him. He was still messed up, hungry, and miserable. I had to work the next day, so I told him I couldn't come get him. He had his truck, but he just didn't have any money for gas. I told him to call me the next day, and I haven't heard from him since. He hadn't given a thought to me in six days, so I figured he was getting along fine without me.

I know he's still getting his bumps on a daily basis now. He can't spare money for gas because whatever money he gets goes to the dealer. He said he still had on the same clothes he left with and had been sleeping in his truck. I know he's not eating very much, and he gets very dehydrated from not having anything to driink. How much more of this his body can take, I don't know. I wish the police would find him and arrest him. I would feel a lot better if he was off the streets.

I have asked him a hundred times if it would kill him to make a phone call. Any time I ask him a question why he does something, he just says he doesn't know why he does the things he does. I know I can function a lot better without him. He is also probably a lot better off without me. If I help him when he comes home, he just keeps going back out when he gets rested. I figure he'll call this weekend.

Bottom line is, they just don't want to talk to us until they need us and want to come home. I am tired of his using me and messing up my life. I am tired of wondering when I will hear from him. The last time he called I just told him there was nothing I could do for him. I told him I couldn't and wouldn't live that kind of life. I told him I figured he was happy enough without me, since I hadn't heard from him in six days.