View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Nicole0927 View Post
Yes I do get to sleep good, but I still feel so used. Teke I would love to believe that a few dyas in there will make him think but jail is not knew for him. spent 18 months in jail when he was in Texas spent 16 months here in baltimore and who knows how many times he was locked up in new york. Thats where he is from. Maybe he will start building a relatiionship with God. Throwing him out is the right thing to do isn't it? WOW It doesnt take long for me to start feeling sorry for him. STUPID STUPID STUPID Question. Bringing back will only hurt him more. and me.

my rah is from ny too. i don't know if he'll learn a lesson, but i do know that he'll have time to think. my rah served 2 yrs in prison, got out and in 3wks he was back in there, did about 4 more months and then went back for a few wks. i say as long as he his searching for his rock bottom, kind of take a step back and let him look for it. he may get a few bumps and bruises but he may also get sick of himself and seek help. i think that as long as you provide a comfortable landing pad, gas for his travels, food and all the other nessessities of life, then all he has to do for himself is tend to his drug habit.

the last time my rah, went on his binge, he called me crying saying that he had nowhere to go, could he please come by to get clothes, said that he was gonna have to go sleep under a bridge, i kindly told him NO, that i would meet him at the bridge,whereever that was, and bring him his clothes. the next time i heard from him, he had checked himself in the mental ward at the local hospital. he's not mental, i think that he got desperate for help and somebody told him that if he went that route, that they would find him a rehab that would take him on the spot.

i said that to say, if it gets bad enough, even without you, he'll find help if he wants to. they tell us that they can't make it without us, but think about it, they do pretty good when it comes to finding drugs without us, thats just how bad they want it. an addict will tell you whatever you want to hear if it will get them what they want, remember that. this does not mean that he don't love you or care, its just whatever they need to say to get whoever will to help them to be able to continue to use.

i don't think that his intentions is to use you, it just convient. try not to take it so personal, it really not about you, it the drugs. hard to do i know, but it can be done.