View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
care4uNJ

another bump in the road....

I've been off and on SR for almost six months now. I accidently stubbled across it when I was looking for answers on how to deal with my ABF recovery. We weren't dating that long before he was 'interventioned' right into rehab. Of course, I was going to play the supportive GF, but he had other plans and ended up meeting someone at AA. Devastated as I was then, I knew that it was probably just for the best. I also knew that his head was still in a fog and that he basically didn't know which end was up. I tried not to take it so personally as hard as that was.

Unfortunately, one of my biggest faults is that I have an extremely hard time letting go. I know that! With that said, I remained friends with him and called every so often to catch up and see how he was doing. Very, very casual. I've tried to use this as a learning experience and hopefully be able to recognize the warning signs in future relationships.

I've continued to date since then and have met some nice guys. All in all nothing too serious given the past year has been so dramatic, plus I guess I still need time to move past this situation.

Anyway, after 2 months of no contact, out of the blue I get a long distance phone call from him. He called from yet another rehab. It turned out that he relapsed for a few weeks and this time put himself in a 90-day rehab versus a 28-day program the previous time. Well at least he is very fortunate that he can afford such a program and still has a great job to come back to.

The issue that I have is that I haven't been able to think of anything else since that phone call 2 weeks ago. I don't understand why I care so much, but I do. To me, rehab is a temporary repreave from reality where optimistic is at its fineness. And then they go home and can't handle it!!!

Thanks for listening!! JO