Thread: a good cry
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dixied

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. thought I did not take my son to court I signed papers so that the police could put an all points bulletin out for him. Then I signed mental impairment papers on him. My son had been missing over over three days and his wife had not told me. I was informed via a dear friend by email. ( My dil had emailed him wanting to know should I be told) He immediately emailed me and I then went into action. The police found him on my bd and he was half dead , taken to the ER, and later to the psychiatric ward. I spent 11 hours of my bd in the ER where someone doing paperwork noticed it was my bd and said, "some way to spend your BD!" To which I replied, I am very grateful because I could be across town planning a funeral. You see, I believe God allowed my son to be found because he is of value and much to offer this world. He spent 7 days in the psychiatric ward and then I told him I would sign to have him go to jail BEFORE I would allow him to go to the streets......now THAT was hard....anyway, the substance abuse counselor offered him alternatives to jail and he put the ball in my son's court for my son to call the different centers and he found one that would take him. He is now five months clean and will hopefully be released on April 26 and we will take each day as he comes. If this is possible for our family it will be possible for your family too...never, ever, give up.......prayers sent your way, dixie