View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

My frog is getting fat!!

DId that get your attention? Seriously, yesteray when I was helping my son feed his fire belly toad tank I noticed the frog is way way to fat. Time to put him on a diet....
...It occurred to me how much I spoil my pets. They sometimes eat better than we do. Even one of my turtles has had a few too many of our leftovers and will be eating veggies for a few days. (No I dont like to control things.-I guess this is a step up from being the anorexic teen that didnt eat just because that was the only thing in her environment she could change.)

As I continued to think, and then obsess over changing some of my pets diets I realized something.
As a child I was negative. When nothing crazy in my dysfunctional family was going on. Id make up a story and run to share it. As an adult I ended up in addict relationships or ran around nutso myself. Early in my marriage when things were calm Id start a fight and create my own drama. My counsel dubbed me a drama addict and suggested I defer that energy for drama towards art or something else creative.

I also realize now I bore of the typical life and routine easily, now every time life seems mundane I get a new pet a new fish ect, I rerouting my energy and something to be excited about. I am a zookeeper and I love it.

Many of us have discussed here the drama addiction and/or withdrawal from chaos and drama and how odd that feeling is.

My desire to share about my son's toad being too fat is just part of that in me I still neeed to work on, but boy have I come a long way.