View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
paulmh

Pseudo-philosophical nonsense, perfectly summed up in the following -

1. The universe had a beginning caused by some supernatural thing.
2. This supernatural thing "fine tuned and adjusted" the universe to support life.
3. Human beings have a priori concepts and ideas that have no basis if there is no God (IE. morality and perfection).
This fits perfectly with Christianity. None of this fits with atheism.
I'd love you to explain deductively, inductively, syllogistically or by any other logical method how 1,2 and 3 lead to a "perfect fit with Christianity", rather than any other religious system.

I'll tell you what the only logical conclusion is in the quest to uncover our origins. We don't know. Now you can spell "we don't know" as G-O-D if you care to. So can Hoyle and all the other scientist you cite. The fact that people can say, in effect - "I don't quite know what the answers are, and I can't quite live with that, so I'm going to postulate a superintelligence" is an emotional, not a logical response. And since you've chosen to post this creationist nonsense here, I'll retort with this. No expression of creationism, no matter how convincing you might think it can be, can possibly add one jot or iota of evidence to support the claim that Jesus is the son of G*d. So what is the point of arguing creationism since it might as well mean that the aboriginal myths of Australia, or the urge and the demiurge of Zoraster or whatever is just as likely to express the "starting point" as anything else? Or, G*d forbid, that the people being killed in their tens of thousands in the middle east have precisely the same claim to divine knowledge as you do?