Old 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Originally Posted by Trying_in_Texas View Post
I feel very empowered... this is not about trying to control him. I am writing this now because I know I don't even really want to waste the time to tell him... because it wouldn't matter... because he's not "ready". In the last few weeks, I've done what "normal" people do... with everyone. For the first time... if someone calls while I am busy... I say I'm busy! Instead of trying to talk to them distracted, or stopping what I'm doing... I say, "I'll call you back when I can!" I feel more empowered at work to tell people what my limits are too...
Yes, this makes perfect sense to me. And I've been in that angry, tired-of-doing-all-the-work place. I eventually got so tired of it (and the whining, and the sticky notes, and the helplessness) that I lost all respect. And that, my friend, was the end of that. I can't hang with people I don't respect, and I sure can't sleep with them, let alone build a life with them.

I can't offer any wisdom, just that I've been there and got through it and it all worked out great in the end, when I started trusting that my feelings were leading me to the right spot. Hope yours do too.

Hugs,
GL