View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fleaSha
gnome on the range

I made tacos last night so that's whats for lunch today.

I too LOVE mashed potatoes! I use the mixer too, real butter and salt and pepper. I'm going to try the garlic clove next time. Have done the sour cream before, but I guess the family didnt care for it cos I haven't done it since. should try it again. I found out the hard way about too much water and over cooking - I made a HUGE batch of mashed potatoes and they were ruined... and there is no way that you can fix them that I could find. I searched the internet looking for a solution... hmmm... does alton know how to remedy that?? he should figure it out if not... man I love potatoes!

Tonight I may just go ahead and make basgetti... mmm... I have a frozen garlic bread loaf in the freezer that keeps calling my name...

I love to cook... but only when I'm in the mood. otherwise its simple and quick... which is what the tacos are reserved for. open a can of beans, brown some ground beef with a taco seasoning, fry up some corn tortillas(bad... I know, but still... mmmmm....)... voila! instant meal that the whole family loves. when I'm feeling really good, I'll make some mexican rice. thats quick and easy too. I fry/brown the rice, add the water, use 2 T of that Knorr tomato powder and I throw in a small onion and garlic a can of stewed tomatoes and a handful of frozen peas, carrots and corn to get some veggies in the meal.

oh man, I'm hungry. I guess this is why I didn't follow the last thread about food... I get all excited talking about food... and HUNGRY.