View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
rahsue
remember to breathe

the addict in my life is my 22 yr old son, his DOC (drug of choice) is heroin.
he's been drug free now for 4 months.
he too started with percs then oxys then heroin. he has told me that they are all the same as far as the high and the detox and recovery, the heroin was just cheaper. it doesn't matter if you snort it shoot it or smoke it, it's all the same.
I too didn't want anyone to find out so my husband and I hid it from everyone for a very long time til I just couldn't take it anymore I needed help in my "making him stop". little did I know back then that I was just putting myself through hell, there was nothing I could do to stop him, I would drive around and find him make him get in the car and deep him in to detox himself (that would last 3 days) then one day he came to me and said I don't want to do this anymore, then and only then could I really help him,

so in telling you my story I hope you know that you're not alone here and there will be many many more people that will help you with their stories or advice from experience if you want it. my advice (and my opinion only) is try to remember that he has to get the help for himself, you can't push him and tell him what to do because it just won't work, he has to want it bad enough to do it, and perhaps be ready for some relapses. don't drive yourself crazy!! you're going to need your strength too.

good luck and I'll be praying for the two of you