View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovehim4ever

new to forum...husband/opiate addiction

Hi...I am new to this...my husband of 10 years is addicted to opiates. It started with pain pills (Loritab, Percocet)...he would take them when I had a prescription (from having a baby or tooth problems) which was rare...nothing serious. The last 2 or 3 years, he started buying them from friends....this progressed to Oxy's which he stuck to for a long time. I knew he was taking them and he knew I was against it...he became addicted...he has been honest about taking them and methadone inbetween...he has been taking suboxone for about 2 months now and 2 days ago he decided to quit that as well...so I know FOR SURE that he hasn't taken any opiates since then...now, he has totally come clean to me about what has really been going on...he has been using heroin for months because that is cheaper...I feel like he has stabbed a knife through my chest! He was diluting it in water and sniffing it through a nasal spray bottle (I knew this, but he told me it was oxy's in the bottle and that it was a way for him to take way less of them)...he also cut it and snorted the powder...he promises that he never smoked it or injected it and I believe him...I am looking for advice on how to deal with this. He goes to bed right when he gets home and he has been so sick. He is drinking heavily. I feel so alone because we don't want anyone to know. He does have a friend that I love that has been through this and has been clean for 2 years, so I have been talking to him, but I still feel so alone. I guess I am just looking for someone to talk to that has been through this. I would appreciate any advice....thanks