Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying_in_Texas

Hey Kim... right? Sometimes I just want the addicts in my life to "switch" with me for a day. They'd freakin' crumble, girl. No way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks they could handle it. But then I figure I'd have to be in their shoes if they were in mine, and I don't want to wear those suckers either.

As for "rock bottom"... the more I study... the more I think that is a giant heap of BS... there is no evidence, in my opinion, that a person has to hit rock bottom to get help. It is just that "rock bottom" generally occurs when the person has no money... no support from family or friends... no actual, phsyical place to sleep... usually no more drugs because of the lack of cash or property... or they are in jail or almost die... so they "have" to get help, or die.... or can't get the danged drugs anyway.

If a person is having a serious problem and wants to get help... I don't even believe they have to hit a "bottom" anymore. A bottom all in itself is using illegal or dangerous drugs on purpose... even if you're shooting your H or snorting cocaine off of a model's behind in your penthouse. The fact that someone would risk their lives... wealth and health... freedom... that's bottom.

Anyway... I understand what you are saying, girlie. But I realized a couple weeks ago that all I was doing was standing in the way of "bottom" by trying to cushion the fall with "l-o-v-e" (which is a sorry match for the disease of addiction, by the way)... "m-o-n-e-y"... smarts... God was trying to do something, and I was like, "No, but my way's better!"

Now the problem is that the A's in my life apparently don't want God's help either... but He loves 'em more than I do... and He's got a way better plan, I'm quite certain.