View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
marle

My AD has been to rehab once but recently told me that she had no intention of quitting when she went there. It was more to keep us helping her out with college, bills, etc. That was about a year and a half ago. Since then she has had about three months clean time altogether. She has been deep into opiates since June. This time we have not given her any help at all. The problem is that her boyfriend is a crack addict and has the ability to make money whenever he feels like working. His boss knows that he is an addict and doesn't care as long as he brings in money. His mother also enables him. So since he buys my daughter all the drugs she wants, there is not much incentive for her to want to quit. She has told me that she wants to go to rehab and I have given her numbers. I figure that when she is ready she will make the call. I believe that she is ambivalent right now, knows her life is in the sh*tter but not yet ready to let go of her love of opiates. So I pray for her everyday and give her to God and let Him watch over her. That is really all you can do, love them and pray that they will make it. Hugs, Marle