View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DaVinci2

Paxil and alcohol - Dangerous?

In order to deal with the anxiety attacks that have come back, I saw my doctor. He decided to follow the same path my last doctor followed which is 1 tablet of Paxil everyday, with DEPAS (Anti-anxiety) for times I need it, like at work. I was 'cured' of this years ago. Recent events have brought them back. I should've asked my doctor...but as far as side-effects on Paxil, I never had any before. Is alcohol a no no. I ask because in Japan, going drinking with the boss or with students (Of age) can sometimes happen out of the blue. I don't want to cause myself any undue harm (Like liver damage or anything). Is this a problem? I also don't want to say "On Paxil, can't drink." which is another reason for asking.

I plan on taking my Paxil morning. So if I do drink it will be hours after Paxil. It will not be every day. I just want to be sure. Last time I was on Paxil, I drank without knowing the dangers, and even did extacy twice. Not smart, but it's in my past. I had no side-effects on the Paxil, or coming off cold-turkey. Luck?