View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

i'm an addict too and i can relate to what satit said.

i was able to go into one long term program for a while that was closed down while i was there for lack of funding, but i've gone to detox for a few days, a few different times at the local hospital and thats when i first was intoduced to the program.

like satit said, if the addict would put as much effort into finding help as he puts into walking sometimes into the worse neighborhoods possible looking for the dealers to buy drugs, then they could find help if they get to the point that they really want help. like said before me, the key to it is wanting the help bad enough.

true i believe that there is a need for more centers and funding for therm, but even if there were and addicts could be forced to go there, there is still no guarentee that it will work for a lot of addicts. they have to want it and they have to do it because they know that they need to.

its kind of hard just to walk into a treatment center, just because. a lot of addicts have to get to a place that they feel like they have no other choice, unfortunately seems like a lot of us, just won't try to quit cause the drugs tells us that there has got to be a way that we can use but with more control, so we keep trying until we've run out of ways to try it and run out of enabler who'll help to keep us afloat while we keep experimenting with the drugs. you don't see a lot of addict remaining clean knowing that their life is still in tact while using. most ones i've met, lost all first, i know that i did