View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
marle

My daughter came to us before Christmas, told me she was clean and wanted to go to rehab. Okay got her some info and told her to call. She didn't. Another 10 weeks go by without hearing from her. She calls and comes over and says that she wants rehab. I give her the info again. Ask why she did not go before Christmas. She told me that she lied, that she was still using, but this time she is not. (Yeah right). Guess who she is blaming for her using. The abf. Seems he just keeps buying her the drugs. She does not know the dealers and if she left him and we cleaned up her mess she could not get drugs because she does not have the connections, he does. Also it is my fault that she continued to use after the December visit because I would not let her continue to come over and visit us. Duh, I did not let her come over because she was using and lying about it. It is a Catch 22 and you can't win with an active addict. If 2 and 2 don't add up to 4 then you need to just back away. That is what I do. Just frustrates me and doesn't make any difference to her. Some addicts need to try it all before they are willing to admit that they can't do it themselves. I pray that both of our daughters end up where they need to be to admit they are powerless over their drugs and want to get help. Hugs, Marle