Thread: Slogans
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

i know that my personal bout with addiction has caused much pain to my love ones, but i think, that it has been a blessing in some ways for me personally too. i have learned so much and i know that i have a lot to learn. i can be grateful even for my own addiction to a certain extent because i would not be where i am today as a person if i had not been addicted and introduced to the program. just felt moved to let this out.

i needed the slogans, they became like reminders for me in coping with my own addiction and in dealing with everyday life issues. in particular, 'ONE DAY AT A TIME" and 'THIS TOO SHALL PASS".

when i first got clean, i was having such a hard time cause i realized that i was greiving the lost of my doc., looking so far ahead, thinking that i could never enjoy a party, or celebrate any holidays, it felt like my best friend in the world had passed away. my doctor said the magic words to me one day, "just do it "one day at a time" . it was like a light bulb came on in my head in the realest sense, and from that day to this, it keeps me clean.
i couldn't have gotten this far in my recovery without them, for me they are important tools of recovery.