View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Noah812

Hang in there Gwen. I can see both yourside and his side as well. Being in your possition I would have done the same thing. In jail for suspended license or for failure to appear, i am taking the chance. Although what if you got caught, what then? I am a believer that you can not worry about something that has not or will not happen. You made the only choice you felt you had and you got back unharmed or arrested. I think Paul is over reacting, awlfulizing the act you commited and seeing it as a intentional act that you commited despite the consequences, I disagree with him. If, in the past, you put him through half of what my xagf did, he is probably thinking now he has lost control of his household. Maybe he feels you don't listen or follow through with what the two of you discuss? Again I say, if it was myself I would be concerned that your ride dropped you and happy there is no other toruble as a result of your driving without a license. I would also say never again. I am sure you discussed this with him and you both agreed there would be no driving. In this case the circumstances may or may not have warranted the risk that you took but you got away with it and there is no penalty. It feels to me he is reacting due to your past and your actions and consequences to him. He probably is just loosing it to the chaos caused before and afterwards of your using. Actually I got really worn out working a job and doing the right thing only to have the XAGF continuously cause me pain in addcition chaos. It was for me as if I could not even get my head above water before the ex A was shoving it back under with her problems, chance taking and consequences. In your case I feel the circumstances are very diffrent but I think Paul is grouping all the bad together as a continuance of disregard for the law. Give him time but try and explain your thoughts and feelings of being overwhelmed and had to make a choice. All things workout in one way or another. Try not to be too hard on yourself, I would have done the same thing. Get a better backup plan or person to help for next time, 5 minutes is not enough time to replace a driver. Hang in there Gwen.