View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mooselips
Jujubee Queen

Codie Empowerment

I've been reading quite a bit down here, and as I said in a previous thread, I bought this book called "Faith in the Valley" by Iyanla Vanzant...

I thought this page was empowering...what do you think?

It's titled:
I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I do!

You have a right to grieve, to be angry, to cry. You deserve a new dress, a new pair of shoes, or a new haircut. You do not have to answer the telephone, or the door. You are under no obligation to show up, unless you want to. If you want to stay under the covers, or sit naked in the middle of the floor, and eat grapes, go right ahead and do it. Never be so responsible for the world that you forget to be responsible for yourself.
Confusing, tragic, painful events will come and go. These events cause shifts in our minds and upheavals in our hearts for which we need time to grieve, heal, understand and accept. It is a process of taking care of one's self. While the brain is clearing, the heart mending, the body healing, it may mean taking a break from the regular routine, and moving away from the routine people. Give yourself permission to do whatever is necessary to take care of you. Take a walk. Have a cry. Break a glass. Write a letter. Pull your dress up over your head! Go ahead, do whatever it takes to help you feel better.

Hugs to all